"STEAM-Active" project's team will propose STEAM active teaching methodologies and an e-learning course for engineering teachers will be developed.
Technological evolution generates the necessity for innovation in companies. Education needs to produce meaningful learning, developing competencies that prepare university students to meet market needs.
Another need in the engineering field is the fight against gender inequality both in higher education and in companies..
Project period: 2022 02 01 – 2024 07 31
Project No.: 2021-1-ES01-KA220-HED-000032107
„Erasmus+“ programme: KA220 Cooperations among organizations and institutions in Higher education sector
- University engineering teachers;
- Engineering Students.
Stakeholders: schools, vocational training institutions, training agencies, non-governmental organizations, other non-formal education institutions.
“STEAM-Active” project's objectives:
- Improve the capacity of the higher education educational offer in engineering of new learning and teaching methods;
- Tackle engineering student underachievement and gender inequality;
- Provide university lecturers with STEAM based methodological approaches and teaching tools;
- Provide universities with consistent, re-usable and up-scalable teaching-Learning sequences based on the STEAM methods.
- A Protocol for Teachers that will illustrate the framework of the STEAM project design methodology with active teaching methodologies;
- An E-learning based training course for engineering teachers that will include a theoretical description of STEAM approaches and of the implementation active methodologies;
- A Collection of STEAM based Teaching-Learning Sequences that allow teachers to guide students in applying a project based learning methodology to solve socio-scientific-technological situations.
- University of the Basque Country (Spain)
- DHBW – Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (Germany)
- University of Peloponnese (Greece)
- Pixel (Italy)
- University of Perugia (Italy)
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania)
- Fundacion para la Formacion Tecnica en Maquina-Herramienta (Spain)
eMundus participates in the project as an associated partner responsible for project results dissemination to the target groups.
Project website: https://steam-active.pixel-online.org